BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Seasonal lifeguard towers have come to a close as of Labor Day and Brevard County Ocean rescue will have their 5-year round towers in continued operation.
Please take the appropriate steps to make sure you stay safe when visiting the beach.
Bathers and beachgoers are reminded to utilize the 911 system for any emergency occurring on Brevard County beaches when lifeguards are not present.
All emergencies will continue to receive an Ocean Rescue response year-round.
For tips on how to be safe in the water and at the beach, even when lifeguards are not present, please see below:
• Check our mobile beach safety page for times and locations for out 5 year round lifeguard locations.
• Never swim alone
• Swim near a lifeguard on- duty
• Check in with the lifeguard before going into the water for ocean conditions and hazard
• Practice good judgment. Swim and surf within your abilities
• Listen to all lifeguard warnings and announcements
The post Brevard County Ocean Rescue Reminds Beachgoers of Important Tips After Labor Day first appeared on Space Coast Daily.