Beach Parking Program went into effect on September 15
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – Brevard County residents that have secured a parking permit through the City of Satellite Beach’s new Beach Parking Fee Program are encouraged to verify the license plate number in the system before visiting the beach.
The Beach Parking Program went into effect on September 15, with hourly, daily and annual parking rates. Annual Parking Permits are available online and require a minimum of 72 hours to be processed.
The program uses license plates, not stickers, to track passes. Residents that have applied for a parking permit are encouraged to double check their license plate information in the system before visiting the beach. Vehicles with license plates not in the system will be booted.
Both Hightower Beach Park and Pelican Beach Park are former county-owned properties, which were deeded to the City of Satellite Beach in 2013.
Parking at these locations will remain free for all Brevard County residents with proper passes, which can be obtained at the City of Satellite Beach parking website.
Passes will be required for other Satellite Beach beachside parking areas.
Satellite Beach has implemented these daily parking rates:
– Brevard County residents are eligible to obtain a free annual pass that will allow parking at Hightower Beach East Parking Lot and Pelican Beach Park without being required to pay the daily parking rates.
– For anyone residing outside of Satellite Beach city limits, the annual pass rate is $75 for access to ALL of the beach parking areas within the City of Satellite Beach, or $2.50 per hour with a maximum of $10 per day. A mobile phone convenience fee of $0.35 will be added to each mobile phone payment.
– Brevard County residents wishing to visit any other beachside park within Satellite Beach will need to purchase an annual pass at the rate of $75, or pay $2.50 per hour with a maximum of $10 per day.
– City of Satellite Beach residents are eligible to obtain a free annual pass that will allow parking at all beach accesses and parking areas without being required to pay the daily parking rates.
– All rate customers can pay either through an App, by phone, or through kiosks that will be provided at Pelican, Hightower, and Shell Street in Satellite Beach.
For questions on the Beach Parking Fee Program or how to obtain a beach parking pass, please call 321-425-2522. Annual Parking Permits may be applied for any time of the year.