brevard organizations receive check for $65,166
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – The Brevard County Sheriff’s Office is proud to announce that last week we presented checks to benefit four worthy charities with the proceeds from the third annual “Dancing for the Space Coast” event that was held this past June.
The event was sponsored by the Brevard County Sheriff’s Office, Harris Corporation, and the Florida Institute of Technology in partnership to help local charities in Brevard County.
Dancing For The Space Coast pairs Ballroom Dancers with local “Celebrities” who raise donations while learning a Ballroom Dance that is performed during the event. Each dancer’s total score is based upon the amount of donations raised along with their dance routine score.
Each year our agency selects three new Brevard County Charitable Organizations to benefit from the event. The charities are selected from three different categories that include one that helps Children, one that helps Prevent Crime and one that supports the Fine Arts charities in our community.
The selected charities each receive 90 percent of the profits with the remaining 10 percent going to the Brevard County Public Safety Charity that helps support Public Safety members during a critical time of need.
This year’s recipients of the proceeds from Dancing For The Space Coast were Crosswinds Youth Services, Space Coast Field Of Dreams, and the Five Community Theaters throughout Brevard County.
As a result of incredible community support, our great sponsors and the hard work of our dancers, each organization was presented a check earlier today in the amount of $65,166.67.
In addition, the Brevard County Public Safety Charity was also presented a check in the amount of $34,050 that also helps support our Police Athletic League and the Sheriff’s Pet Posse.
This year’s event was attended by over 850 people with the true “Stars” of the night being our dancers who volunteered their time along with their instructors.
We are also excited tonight to announce that the charitable organizations who will be the recipients of 2019 Dancing For The Space Coast event are the Genesis House, Candlelighter’s Of Brevard and Artworks.
Please join me in thanking everyone who volunteered their time and services to make this year’s event so successful.
I would also like to personally thank all of our presenting sponsors, Harris Corporation, Space Coast Daily, Florida Institute of Technology, C&R Designs, Classic Wood Flooring, Grimaldi Chocolate, Eau Gallie Florist, Community champions and so many more for their generosity.
As I always say, “It Takes A Community To Protect A Community”
– Sheriff Wayne Ivey
CLICK HERE FOR BREVARD COUNTY NEWS