Brevard County Sheriff’s Office Presents Check to Local Charities, Proceeds Raised from ‘Dancing for the Space Coast’

ABOVE VIDEO: Ron Lighthall and Breanna Sorensen are on the Red Carpet for the annual Dancing for the Space Coast fundraising event in Melbourne. 

BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – The Brevard County Sheriff’s Office is proud to announce that last week we presented checks to benefit four worthy charities with the proceeds from the sixth annual “Dancing for the Space Coast” event that was held in June.

The annual event is sponsored by the Brevard County Sheriff’s Office, L3 Harris, Glover Orndorf & Flanagan Wealth Management, and Florida Institute of Technology to help local charities right here in our own backyard.

Dancing For The Space Coast pairs Ballroom Dancers with local celebrities who raise donations while learning a Ballroom Dance that is performed during the event.

Each dancer’s total score is based upon the amount of donations raised along with their dance execution and score.

Each year our agency selects three new Brevard County Charitable Organizations to benefit from the event. The charities are selected from three different categories that include one that helps Children, one that helps Prevent Crime and one that supports the Fine Arts charities in our community.

The selected charities each receive 90% of the profits with the remaining 10% going to the Brevard County Public Safety Charity that helps support Public Safety members during a critical time of need.

This year we actually had four recipients as two of the charities split one of the categories and the recipients of the proceeds from Dancing For The Space Coast were Habitat for Humanity of Brevard, Women’s Center of Brevard, Family Promise of Brevard, and the United States Law Enforcement Eternal Flame.

As a result of incredible community support, our great sponsors, the hard work of our Ballroom Dancers and our celebrities, each category was presented a check in the amount of $51,794 to help them help those in need.

This year’s event was attended by over 600 people with the true “Stars” of the night being our celebrity dancers who volunteered their time along with their ballroom instructors.

As part of our continued effort to help those in need we are excited to announce that the proceeds for the 2022 Dancing For The Space Coast event will be donated to House of Hope, the Veterans Memorial Center and Promise In Brevard.

Please join me in thanking everyone who volunteered their time and services to make this year’s event so successful!! I would also like to personally thank all of our presenting sponsors, L3 Harris, Space Coast Daily, Florida Institute of Technology, Glover Orndorf & Flanagan Wealth Management, Eau Gallie Florist, and so many more for their generosity!!

As I always say, “It Takes A Community To Protect A Community!!”

– Sheriff Wayne Ivey

The post Brevard County Sheriff’s Office Presents Check to Local Charities, Proceeds Raised from ‘Dancing for the Space Coast’ first appeared on Space Coast Daily.

Read at the Space Coast Daily