Florida Tech improves to 12-9 overall
BREVARD COUNTY, FLORIDA – The Florida Tech Volleyball team defeated Embry-Riddle on the road in four sets for a 3-1 win Tuesday night against the Eagles.
Florida Tech improves to 12-9 overall and 4-6 in the SSC.
The Florida Tech volleyball team will yet again travel on Saturday, October 22 to Lakeland, Fla. where they’ll matchup against Florida Southern at the George W. Jenkins Field House.
The match Is scheduled to begin at 4:00 PM.
Final: Florida Tech 3, Embry-Riddle 1
Records: Florida Tech (12-9, 4-6 SSC), Embry-Riddle (13-8, 4-6 SSC)
Location: ICI Center | Daytona Beach, Fla.
STATS OF THE MATCH:
- Florida tech recorded 76 digs, 66 points, 55 kills, 49 assists, six service aces and five blocks in its win.
- The Panthers jumped out to an early 6-2 lead in set one against the Eagles.
- Ashley Rants recorded three kills in five of Tech’s next points to bring their lead to 10-4.
- the Crimson and Grey would take advantage of the momentum increasing their lead to seven for a 21-14 score.
- Seven unanswered Embry-Riddle points brought the set back to within one point.
- Ahead 24-23 Katie Erdmann closed out set one for the Panthers with a kill assisted from Kenzie Delacher to take the first set of the match 25-23.
- Rants lead the team with seven kills in the first set.
- Set two started off with the Eagles getting ahead early on 9-3.
- With a 17-13 lead, Embry Riddle went on to score seven unanswered points and eventually took set two 25-14.
- Set three started off like set two with the Panthers trailing early on.
- Keeping up with the Eagles, the Panthers found themselves trailing 13-8 near the midway point of the set.
- Four unanswered Panther points found Tech back to within two of Embry-Riddle making it 17-15.
- Down 21-19, the Crimson and Grey fought back against the Blue and Gold scoring four unanswered points taking its first lead of the set, 23-21.
- With set a Panthers set point on the line, the Eagles tied it up 24-24 in the win by two points set.
- Twice in a row Tech would go up by one after the 25th point for 25-24 and 26-25.
- Embry-Riddle took the lead over Tech 27-26 before the Panthers tied it up again 27-27, and then falling behind 28-27.
- Not giving up, the Florida Tech Women dug down deep in the pivotal set to score two unanswered points from Lexi Lueger kills to come within one point of winning the set.
- A kill from Rants and set assist from Delacher gave Tech the set point on a blocking error by the Eagles to allow the Panthers to win set three 30-28 and take advantage of the match with a 2-1 lead.
- With momentum on their side heading into set four, the Crimson and Grey fought hard like they did in set three.
- Trailing 5-3, the Panthers scored four straight points from a kill by Lueger, back-to-back service aces by Courtney Capar and assisted block between Rants and Devyn Glassgold to jump ahead 7-5.
- The Women would not surrender the lead for the remainder of the match from this point on
- Up in the set 7-6, Tech tallied six unanswered points to make it a 13-6 set.
- Three kills, one each from Glassgold, Erdmann and Capar along with a service ace by Rants aided Tech in its six-point run.
- Ahead 18-14 the Crimson and Grey recorded five more unanswered points making it a 22-14 Tech set.
- Bringing the match to withing five at 23-18, Tech closed out the match scoring two unanswered points to win the set 25-18 and the match 3-1.
- Erdmann led the Panthers with 19.0 points while her and Rants tied for the most kills on the team in the match as both recorded 16.
- Rants finished with a .343 hitting percentage from 16 kills and four errors on 35 total attacks.
- Lilian Muszynski had a season high .667 hitting percentage from nine kills and one error on 12 total attacks.
- Kenzie Delacher recorded 47 total set assists in the match.
- SSC Volleyball Defensive Player of the Week Kari Bogen tallied a team high 29 digs in the match.
The post Florida Tech Defeats Embry-Riddle 3-1 in Women’s Volleyball appeared first on Space Coast Daily.